Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
There are a variety of quests in Monster Hunter: World.
Summary[edit | edit source]
- Quests are the main way you will advance in Monster Hunter World. There are 5 different quest categories.
- Assigned: these are how you will advance through the story and raise you hunter rank at first.
- Optional: after you complete an assigned quest it will then become an optional quest. You can also find quests from NPCs in Astera that upon completion will unlock various rewards.
- Investigations: this is another form of optional quests that you unlock by tracking and hunting different monsters. You must talk to the Resource Center to activate them. They are randomized.
- Events: these are special quests that are only available for a limited time during special occasions like winter, autumn, etc.
- Special Investigations: these quests are only obtained after researching special monsters.
There are also 5 different types of quests.
- Hunting: these quests you are tasked with taking out a target be it by killing it or capturing it.
- Slaying: these quests you are tasked with killing a target. You will fail it if you capture it.
- Capturing: these quests you are tasked with capturing a target. You will fail the quest if you kill it.
- Delivery: these quests you are tasked with collecting and delivering a specific item.
- Special: a special quest is always going to be to guide Zorah Magdaros away.
|This article is a stub. You can help Monster Hunter: World Wiki by .|